The Imam Ali Center of Kansas City (IAC) was established by the Will of Almighty Allah (SWT) and the collaboration of the Shi'a community to serve the Muslims of Kansas City and surrounding areas. The primary goal of IAC is to promote the correct understanding of true Islam according to the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (AS). IAC also provides various educational and cultural programs and services for Muslim men and women of all ages.
With the Blessings of Allah (SWT) and the kind attention of our Awaited Savior (ATFS), the Center offers the following services as part of its many activities:
- Commemorations of major Islamic holy days with live speeches, du’as, ziyarat, and lamentations.
- Weekly Du’a Kumayl recitations and explanations on Thursday nights.
- Classes on fundamental tenets of Islam and its practical principals.
- Classes on ethics, family and moral values, and civic culture according to Islam.
- Classes on the recitation and memorization of the Holy Qur’an for adults and children.
- Farsi and basic Arabic lessons for children and interested adults.
- Youth programs and moderated discussions for Muslim teenagers and young adults.
- Regular and exclusive women's meetings on issues pertaining to the role of women in Islam.
- Discussions on philosophical topics and historical events pertaining to Muslims.
- Tafseer (exegesis) of Qur'anic verses based on the study of Al-Mizan by Allamah Muhammad Hussein Tabataba'i (RA) and other authentic sources.
- Advocacy for Muslim families on issues such as marriage/family counseling and childrearing using expert advice from reliable Islamic sources.
- Assistance with wedding preparations and burial ceremonies according to Islamic traditions.
- Community outreach programs with different religious, academic and social groups, to facilitate a greater understanding of and appreciation for religious pluralism and peaceful coexistence.
- Social activities such as picnics, sporting events, and community fundraisers.
IMAM ALI CENTER OF KANSAS CITY
Temporary Location: 5900 State Ave., Kansas City, KS 66102
For further information please call: (913) 424-7584
E-mail: General comments or inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical assistance: email@example.com